Highway Group was founded in 1998 by Ben Deysel, the current Chief Executive. Highway Junction and Highway Truck Park were carefully planned and built after his more than 30 years in the transport industry. A combination of strategic vision and years of experience has led to Highway Junction exponential growth since 1998.
It is our vision to be the diversified service provider of choice to the transport and logistics industry on the N3 corridor. We aim to provide safe and clean facilities, together with excellent customer service.
We are a diversified service group providing the following services to the transport and logistics industry on the N3 corridor:
- Safe and secure paved overnight parking;
- Competitively priced diesel with industry-leading value-added services;
- Clean ablution facilities and driver’s clubhouse (incl. a Laundromat);
- Truck service facilities;
- OK Express and groceries
- Office & contract management space;
- Drivers rooms and undercover parking area.
The spirit that guides the Company and gives it its unique character. These values and principles inspired Ben Deysel to establish Highway Group of companies in 1998. Those values and principles are considered sacrosanct and, despite changing times, new developments in the transport industry and the challenges of the industry, they remain consistent.
The core values that constitute Highway Group’s business activities include:
- We conduct ourselves with integrity and honesty.
- We strive for teamwork and maximum productivity.
- We act with accountability and discipline.
- We are committed to service excellence and being customer-driven.
- We learn from our past to continuously improve our future.
As suggested by a leading retailer, we believe in the “Legs of the table” principle. Each leg is required to be equally strong in order for the table to remain balanced and upright. The four legs comprise:
- Promotion and social responsibility
Each leg is equally important to the success and continued sustainability of the business. Each requires, and continues to receive, equal focus and management support. We are actively involved in the local community and support various initiatives to assist with job creation, economic development and upliftment of previously disadvantaged communities.